Saturday, January 31, 2009

NOSTALGIA

This family photo was taken to commemorate the arrival of Suriati Norikat and family who lived in Perth, Aust. Sitting: husband Rudy with daughter Nadya, Suriati with son Hydar, Hjh Kamsinah, Hassan's mother and Hassan in white baju kurung. Suriati's parents Hj Norikat in peach coloured baju and songkok and Hjh Jaeimah with tudung and selendang standing behind. The rest in the photo are her immediate cousins, most of whom are Hassan's siblings, nieces and nephews, aunts and uncle.


Hassan and wife Julie lived in Melbourne, Australia. Hassan Mohd Pilus (also known Md Dzullah Shukri) is Hajah Kamsinah's eldest son and travelled widely after he finished his schooling in Singapore. He contributed his story headed "NOSTALGIA" which was published in Newsletter 001/6/06.


Assalamu'alaikum

Cik Aishah


First and foremost, please accept my apologies for this very late and long overdue reply. And a million thanks for sending me a copy of the family tree journal. It is very much appreciated. I will treasure it like a priceless item. I put my hands up for your great effort and time spent to gather all these information and distribute it to all the relatives. Well done and congratulations!!!.


I was so overjoyed and glad when I received my copy, it is like a dream come true! I've always dream of putting together something like this, tracing back our forefathers/ancestors as far back as we possibly can. Yes, this will definiely benefit our future generation indeed.


Reading the brief bio of Dato Haji Siraj really brought me back down memory lane! Although I was only a little kid when he was alive, but I still have fond memories of him, especially those visits to our home at Jalan Eunos when he is going for his Friday-prayer trips to the moque at Jalan Ismail. And that great kampong house in Geylang Serai hold lots of fond memories for me as a kid too. As a migrant in an adopted country, now all these memories are so dear to me.


Well, this is it for now but hopefully we will be in touch again. InsyaAllah.

Wassalam

Love and Peace
(Md Dzullah Shukri Md Pilus) Hassan and Julie



Nur Azlyn Kamarudin, husband Hasyim Abdullah Miller, son Haris, Sarah and Jasmine on her lap had set up home in Atlanta, USA


Kamarudin Ali and wife Safia Abdullah Kwok - he contributed JOURNEY THROUGH LIFE which kickstart GOLDWATER FAMILY early Jan. 2009




ALLAHYARHAM ALI BIN HAJI SIRAJ AND WIFE HJH MARLIAH BTE HAJI MOHD SALIM
Son: Kamarudin Ali, elder daughter Kamsinah Ali and younger daughter Jaeimah Ali




No comments: