Friday, December 16, 2011

JENNIFER...A CHRISTMAS STORY...(sob...sob)

MERRY CHRISTMAS. Love, Jennifer

(In the previous story, Merry Christmas, Jennifer, Wayne Furrow sent his departed daughter, Jennifer, a Christmas letter via the Internet. It was picked up by a few people and shortly after, Mr. Furrow received this reply.)

Dad,

I did get to experience the Internet and you're right .... I love it. I don't think it's the same Net you are on though. I travel the universe - no downtime, flames, smears, nothing like that at all.

I am with you Christmas morning. Actually, I'm with you every morning. Haven't you felt my presence? Heard my voice? Seen me in a thousand different places? I can do that for a while but eventually I will have to spend more and more of my time spreading around the things you taught me: love, caring, giving, loyalty.


I can't say that I miss you because where I am there are no feelings that are sad. Honestly! Not ever! I do know when you think of me and I am happy. Did you know that I can view my whole life with you and Sarah and Mom in just a few seconds! Can you imagine?


I have so many other people here that are the greatest. Someday you'll find out for yourself. Just remember this Daddy, I'm never sad. I have a feeling that someday this great feeling will be even greater. That's because you'll be with me. Don't be in any rush though. There are a lot of neat things that you can do down there that I can' t do up here, like, love Mom a lot.

Love, Jennifer



Mr. Furrow, I lost a wife and a child a long time ago. I wish I could have received one last letter. God be with you and please forgive an old man's sentimentality. Your letter touched me at the very core of my being.

Every blessing to you.
Fr. Howard Gorle


MERRY CHRISTMAS, Jennifer

Hi, sweetheart. Christmas won't be the same without you this year, but we will try to cope with the many memories of our 19 years spent with you. All I want for Christmas is to have you back with us, but knowing that is impossible I will settle for a letter to you: God will hopefully hand-deliver it in time for the holiday.

I missed having you being here to help me with my Christmas shopping. You always had a sense of what your mom liked. I managed okay, I think you were probably helping me. Your mom will love the gift you sent her from Heaven! Sarah too!

Your mom has done a lot of baking this week; uncooked cake, date squares, etc. Surprised, eh?

Our traditional Christmas get-together will be at your Uncle Steve's place this year. We don't know how we will handle it, but will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Sarah is doing okay, still dating Brian (which has really helped her).

We know she misses you mostly at nights, when you two would do so much talking. She misses her big sister's advice and odd spat!

I have to go to the cemetry tomorrow and shovel 3 1/2 feet of snow, in case some of the family want to visit your grave site. We decorated the poles, hung a white and red bird and a few bells for you to hear when the wind blows. It really looks nice. We know Patrick misses you, and you him. Sorry I wasn't more supportive of your relationship, that will bother me until I can apologise in person.

I'm sorry you never got to experience the Internet, Jenny. You would have loved it! I have met some wonderful people online, families that have also lost children. They have helped me tremendously in coping with your death. Most times, other than your mom, it has been my only release. Losing one's child is the most pain a parent can experience, and being able to correspond with others in the same situation is surely a blessing. Jennifer, we will miss you always. We will never stop loving you or ever forget you!

Love, Sarah, Mom and Dad Furrow




No comments: