Tuesday, March 23, 2010

PURSUE WORK THAT YOU ENJOY





TITLE: TRIBUTE TO MUM

MEDIUM: PASTEL ON PAPER FRAME WITHIN A FRAME CONCEPT

ARTIST: NUR FAJRINA ABDUL RAZAK
UNDERGRADUATE: NANYANG ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS



Ibn Taymiyah said:



"I once became ill and the physician told me that reading and giving talks on knowledge would only exacerbate my condition. I told him that I couldn't abandon these pursuits, and that I would, if possible, like to make his own knowledge a judge between us. Isn't it the case, I asked him that if the soul feels happy and joyful, the body become stronger and sickness is repelled? The doctor replied in the affirmative.


'Therefore,' I said to him, 'my soul finds joy, comfort, and strength in knowledge.' The doctor yielded and admitted that my situation was outside the pale of his science of medicine."



<< Consider it not a bad thing for you. Nay, it is good for you. >>

(Qur'an 24:11)





No comments: