Thursday, February 5, 2009

"MASA KANAK KANAK"

AISHAH SAID AT BEST

My mother said: The best time in life is "masa kanak kanak". Her words tagged along with me throughout the years and never a day is boring going 60






Father: Said Hj Siraj Mother: Zaleha Mohd Yusof Son: Amin Bin Said, my mother's adorable and loving son. He had a twin brother, Sidek who did not survive for long. Amin was blinded in one eye due to malnutrition during the Japanese Occupation and he passed away at age 5 years.

Baby Aishah on mother's lap Brother: Amir Hamzah, life had been better for both parents when he was born. My second elder brother: Ismail (Zain). He had an elder brother named Abdul Rahman. Both were born during the Japanese Occupation. Brother Abdul Rahman passed away at a young age. After given birth to 5 baby boys, at last my mother had given birth to baby Aishah.
There were three of the same photo and when I turned over one of the photos, it had my father's signature on it. What a discovery!

Brother: Ismail Bin Said with his young family: Wife: Hamidah Bte Ahmad

Daughter: Rufaidah (Sarah) Ismail, Raihan Ismail on lap and son Ridzuan Ismail



Rufaidah (Sarah) Ismail


Ridzuan Ismail


Raihan Ismail


Eldest Brother: Ismail Bin Said, a loving brother who shared his "kacang putih" with his young siblings, helped us with our school work and periodically took over my father's place to send me to General Hospital for medical consultation as I was an underweight child

Standing: Marhamah, Napsiah and myself Aishah (14 yrs old)
School: Cedar Girls' Secondary School. We lived within walking distance to each other

School boy brother: Shaharuddin Bin Said

Cousin: Suwarni Mohd Sarip: model for "Makeover 1994" the effects of make-up in black and white photography
Cousin: Halimah Bte Salleh with husband Mohd Salleh Harun
Son: Noordin Mohd Salleh, daughter Khairunisah and elder daughter Khairul Bariah Mohd Salleh

A distant aunt: Cik Latipah on a weekend visit, at 144 Towner Road, background row of houses: Sturrock Road

Cousin Hayati Bte Ahmad

Cousin Noraini Bte Ibrahim

Cousin Rozanah Ibrahim
Cousin Sapiee Ahmad with sister Juariah Ahmad on a weekend visit at 144 Towner Road


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet memories of our childhood days. I was one of your classmates (Cedar Girls Sec) together with Napsiah and Marhamah.

From: Azizah