Sunday, October 14, 2012

FROM THE HEART OF A JOYOUS CHILD

Dear Mommy and Daddy,

I write this letter to you in hopes that you will consider your approach to parenting me before I arrive.  I am a joyous child. I thrive on love and respect, order and consistency. When I arrive, I will seem, very small to you.  Even though I don't look like an adult, please understand that I am a human being.

Even though I will not speak words to you,  I will know you with my heart.  I will feel all your feelings, absorb your thoughts.  I will come to know you more than you may know yourself.  Do not  be misled by my silence.  I am  open, growing and learning more rapidly than you can imagine.

I will make imprints of all that I see, so please give me beauty to rest my open eyes upon.  I will record all that I hear, so please give me sweet music and language that tells me how much I am loved.  Give me silence to rest my ears. I will absorb all that  I feel, so please wrap our life in love.

I am waiting patiently to be with you.  I am so happy to have the opportunity to be alive. Maybe when you see me you will remember how precious life is too!

Your joyous child

A contributed article



TO UNDERSTAND YOUR PARENTS' LOVE, 
YOU MUST RAISE CHILDREN YOURSELF

Chinese proverb   




   

No comments: