Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A MATTER OF SPEECH...



A Christian friend whom I was very close with, many many years ago said: 'GOD WORKS IN STRANGE WAYS.' It is a "consolation" which I do not deny the fact.

THE BLUE ROSE

For years I became romantically involved with men who weren't emotionally available or capable of making a long-term commitment.  My relationships were full of pain.  I wanted to get married so I knew I had to do something radically different.

One day I decided to pray, "God I don't know how to pick the right partner, so please, please choose my Divine Beloved for me, and prepare us both for our upcoming union. And God, just so I'm sure to know who you've chosen for me, let him somehow present me with a blue rose."

Every day after that for five months, I affirmed that my Divine Beloved was coming to me, and that we would recognise each other at the right time.

Every day I let go of a little more control and opened a little more to God loving me.  And every day I looked for my blue rose.

Twelve days after I left my abusive boyfriend, I attended a networking luncheon, where Alan Cohen was speaking.  He spoke about the power each of us has to bless another human being.  It touched me so deeply that when he invited us all to do a blessing exercise.  I was the first to jump out of my chair.  Over 100 people around me scrambled to find a partner.

Suddenly everything, was quiet and a young blue-eyed man stood in front of me.  We joined hands and gazed into each other's eyes.  Following the exercise I asked, "Will you bless me?"  For several minutes he silently poured unconditional love and blessings onto me. He then asked, "Will you bless me?" and I returned the love.  We didn't say anything else to each other.

The exercise ended and we returned to our seats.  I was in a daze.  In  a few minutes the young man returned and introduced himself as David Rose.  I knew then that God himself had presented me with my blue-eyed Rose.

A year later we married.

Contributed by: Brenda Rose        




No comments: