Thursday, October 6, 2011

NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

THE FUTURE DESTINY OF THE CHILD IS ALWAYS THE WORK OF THE MOTHER - Napoleon

"WHAT IS WANTING," said Napoleon one day to Madame Campen, "IN ORDER THAT THE YOUTH OF FRANCE BE WELL EDUCATED?"

"GOOD MOTHERS," was the reply. The Emperor was most forcibly struck with this answer. "HERE," said he, "IS A SYSTEM IN ONE WORD." - J.S.C. Abbott

DOCUMENT XXXVIII
Profession of Islamic faith by Bonaparte

When the defeat by the Ottoman army was known in Cairo, the Muslims of that town regarded it as a calamity. They were filled with bitter disappointment, and lost hope of seeing Egypt restored to the Islamic power.

"Ulemas and lords," he said to them,"I am surprised at the sorrow caused by my victory. You have therefore not yet learned to appreciate me: however I have often told you and repeated to you, that I was a Muslim, that I believed in the unity of God, that I honoured the prophet Muhammad and loved the Muslims, and you have not given credence to my words, and have believed that they were inspired in me as fear.




No comments: